The Mayer Road Tunnel Lighting Control System: An Outline
A road tunnel lighting control system which is controlling road tunnel lighting throughout the world. It works as follows:
- A luminance meter mounted at the approach to the road tunnel measures the light levels at the road tunnel entrance;
- Lighting levels measured at the road tunnel entrance are passed to a controller via hardwire cable;
- An easy-to-programme controller allows users to set luminaire ON/OFF switching parameters;
- In accordance with these pre-set parameters, the controller switches ON/OFF tunnel luminaires in response to data from the luminance meter at the road tunnel entrance;
- An optional illuminance meter mounted inside the tunnel entrance provides a check on lighting levels within the road tunnel entrance.